REQUIREMENTSThe MCS is open to Engineers, Architects and urban professionals worldwide, interested in becoming highly qualified professionals, able to understand and manage the multidimensional nature of the city.
Engineers, architects, sociologist, economists and professional profiles that demonstrate a relation within the city development and have completed their bachelor degree or equal level certificate.
English fluency required. It will be assessed in a personal interview.
The application process follows 4 simple steps:
- Send a motivation letter, CV and two recommendation letters online.
- MCS First Committee meeting. MCS committee applicants assessment based on application information. If successful, the candidate will be invited to make an interview within the next 15 days after application.
- Personal interview. One member of the Committee will attend the interview. This interview is not only for us to evaluate your candidature, it is also for you to know us better and ask all the questions you may have.
- MCS Second Committee meeting. MCS committee applicants assessment. The MCS interviewer will be the candidate defensor in front of the full committee. If the applicant is accepted, he/she will receive a letter within 15 days after the interview.
The tuition fee is 16.400€ and includes all field trips and activities.
After the participant profile is evaluated by the academic committee, the candidate receives an email with the result of the deliberation.
If positive, the candidate will have to make the following fee payments:
- Reservation fee: 1.000€ (non refundable) within 7 days after admission.
- 15.400€ before the beginning of the Master
The Schedule of the next edition of the MCS is not confirmed. Next edition will be scheduled by the Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, and we will announce it as soon as we can confirm it.
Go to Online Application
*MCS will follow a strict policy regarding attendance, course withdrawal, and incorrect behavior.
*Master in City Sciences or the FGUPM (Fundación General de la Universidad Politécnica de Madrid) is not responsible for any prejudice as a result of the cancellation of the event due to reasons beyond our control.
*UPM (Universidad Politecnica de Madrid) and FGUPM will not reimburse the partial or complete payment of the fee if the admitted participant gives up his/her place in the program.